CAUSAT CAT 2018 Admission procedure for M.Tech, M.Phil and Phd. Programme (cusat.nic.in): Candidates can get all the related information about CAUSAT CAT Admission procedure for M.Tech, M.Phil and Phd. Programme from here. Admission to MPhil and PhD programmes are based on the DAT conducted by the respective Department. You are also informed that admission to all undergraduate courses and PG courses other than MPhil & MTech are based on the CAT rank. if you need more information regarding CAUSAT CAT 2018 Admission procedure for M.Tech, M.Phil and Phd. Programme you can visit the official website or we are also provided latst information time to time about CUSAT.
Admission Procedure for M. Tech. Programmes:
- Applicants can apply for M.Tech with required scores should apply online for CAT though they need not appear for CAT.
- Rank lists for M. Tech. programmes are prepared on the basis of the valid GATE Score.
- When the GATE Scores of two or more candidates are equal, the marks scored at the qualifying examination are reckoned as the tie-breaker.
- Seats set apart for candidates from different disciplines in interdisciplinary.
- Tech. programmes will be allotted on the basis of their GATE Scores in the respective disciplines.
- Candidates without GATE Score will be considered only if sufficient numbers of applicants with valid GATE Score are not available.
- Candidates without valid GATE score and sponsored candidates will have to appear for a Department Admission Test (DAT) conducted in the Department/School concerned.
Exceptions in M.Tech programme
M.Tech Marine Engineering:
- The admission will be based on the Rank list prepared by giving due weightage to qualifying degree marks (50%) , Admission Test conducted by the Department (40%), and number of years of experience after obtaining the degree (weightage is at the rate of 1% per year of experience subject to a maximum of 10%).
- In the case of Marine Engineers possessing M.E.O Class II Certificate of Competency 5% weightage and for those possessing M.E.O. Class I Certificate 10% weightage.
M.Tech in Marine Bio-Technology:
- Applicants should know that GATE score is not considered.
- Selection of candidates is done by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on behalf of Department of Bio- Technology, Government of India through a National Test along with all such examinations conducted by the JNU.
- If you need more details visit JNU website: www.jnu.ac.in.
- For more details on (NCAAH) please visit www.ncaah.org
Admission Procedure for M.Phil. Programmes
- Those candidates who are seeking admission to the Master of Philosophy degree course should have passed a Master’s degree examination in the concerned subject of any of the Universities approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Or, examinations accepted by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto and have obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade in the examination.
- For M.Phil in Life Sciences, the minimum eligibility is 60% in the qualifying examination.
- Distance education Degrees recognized by the UGC in conformity with UGC notification of specification of degrees, for education/employment purpose in the University shall also be accepted.
- SC/ST candidates will get relaxation of 5% of marks.
- The Teachers of a University Department or Colleges recognized by or affiliated to a statutory or “Deemed” University having not less than three years of teaching experience will also be eligible for admission to the course.
- 50% of the seats of the course shall be reserved for University or College teachers.
- Note: Priority shall be given to those coming under the Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) of the UGC or Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) of AICTE.
Admission Procedure for PhD programmes
Those candidates who are seeking admission to the Ph.D programme they should read below information regarding admission procedure.
- Should attend & qualify The Departmental Admission Test (DAT).
- The Departmental Admission Test(DAT) has two parts-
- Written Test.
- A minimum score of 50% marks (45% in the case of SC/ST) in the written test is compulsory.
- Only those candidates who score the minimum required marks in written test will be called for the interview with the Research Committee or with a Sub Committee appointed by it.
- The Committee shall also scrutinize the academic records of the candidate, the research proposal made by him/her in the application, the long term plan of the academic work to be under taken by the candidate and recommend remedial courses to be taken by the candidate to complete the requirements of the course work.
- The final rank list for PhD programme will be prepared on the basis of the total score.
|1||Marks obtained in the Master’s Degree Level||30%|
|2||Marks obtained in the written test||50%|
|3||Marks obtained in the interview||20%|
Note: We will update you about latest information from this web page time to time. So, you can bookmark this webpage to know latest updates regarding “CAUSAT CAT” Admission procedure for M.Tech, M.Phil and Phd. Programme.